Ads 729x90
Blogger Jateng

How To Make Instant Pot Cough Syrup {with fresh thyme, ginger, & lemon}

WHAAAAT?! This is freakin awesome! I never buy medicine, and just had a cough last week that I couldn’t get over. I will bookmark this for the next cold I get! 

This looks delicious! I really cannot stand medicines because of how they make me feel.This right here has me stunned! I love the Instant Pot and this is just another reason why I am going to be loving it even more. 

One such cure was homemade cough syrup. I find this remedy absolutely amazing. Think about it. How much money do you spend on cough syrup a year? As a mom of three boys, I can tell you I used to purchase at least three bottles of syrup a year. 

As we all know, cough syrup ain’t cheap! So, I decided to try my hand at creating this necessity in the Instant Pot. But before I get into the how-to’s of making your own cough syrup, allow me to detail the importance of some of these ingredients. 


How To Make Instant Pot Cough Syrup {with fresh thyme, ginger, & lemon}, Health Detox, Health Homemade, Health Medicine, Health wellnes, Health tips, Health natural, #Healthhomemade, #Healthmedicine, #Healthnatural, #Healthwellness

Let’s start with a soothing, delicious, all-natural cough syrup – which uses ingredients like water, ginger and thyme. The reduction takes about five minutes. Turn the Instant Pot off, then strain the liquid into another bowl. Pour the liquid back into the instant pot. Whisk in cayenne pepper and raw honey. Then pour into a mason jar and store in the fridge 

Awhile back a friend of mine told me that thyme was a great natural remedy for coughs and colds. I made this Honey Thyme Homemade Cough Syrup to reap the benefits of both honey and thyme in fighting off germs and helping to relieve those uncomfortable symptoms of colds. 

Over the last 10 years or so I’ve really turned to natural remedies first before I hit the pharmacy. The organic raw honey in the syrup is soothing and they thyme offers a host of great healing properties due to Thymol. Thymol is derived from thyme and is a powerful antimicrobial that helps with bronchial and respiratory infections. 

Ingredients: 
  • 1/4 cup ground ginger finely chopped 
  • 1 organic lemon juiced 
  • 8 fresh thyme 
  • 1 cup raw honey preferably local 
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 cups pure water

Instructions:
  1. First Chop ¼ cup fresh ginger into small pieces. No need to peel the ginger, just chop it.Put water, thyme, and chopped ginger into the Instant Pot.Press the Saute button. 
  2. Then Simmer the herbs in water until reduced by half.Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid reduced by half. Turn the Instant Pot off and let the ginger and thyme seep for 10 minutes. The liquid should be warm, but no longer hot. 
  3. Allow to cool until the temperature is warm, not hot, steeping the herbs the entire time. 
  4. Using a mesh sieve strain the ginger and thyme from the liquid. Discard the thyme springs and chopped ginger.Discard or compost the thyme and ginger. 
  5. Return the thyme-ginger tea to the Instant Pot. 
  6. Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper, if using. 
  7. Transfer to an airtight jar or bottle. 
  8. Syrup will keep in a dark cupboard for 1 week. After that, it should be stored in the refrigerator. 
  9. Enjoy your drink!so health!so yummy! Administer a tablespoon as often as necessary to soothe a sore throat and calm a cough.

Post a Comment for "How To Make Instant Pot Cough Syrup {with fresh thyme, ginger, & lemon}"